Wednesday, October 18, 2006

The Moss Family Adventure

The Moss Family Adventure
It is Wednesday already!!!

Misty and I have been super busy, On Monday we went shopping for groceries, I am practicing the menu for our conference. We are expecting to feed 300 people out of kitchen. Yesterday I cooked Pork loin with some Raspberry / Chipotle bbq sauce on top and for dinner I made some Pasta with meat sauce and also pesto cream sauce. I put some pine nuts in the oven to toast and I forgot them so a little while later I remembered and they looked like black beans. I cooled them off and threw them away, a few fell on the floor and Juana from hospitality saw them and asked if they were rat turds. For the next week and a half I expect to be going full on, I will have some good helpers cooking with me on the week of the actual conference so that will be good.

The kids started pre school, we have them there to get them going in spanish, the teacher said yesterday that Joey understands but just can't speak it yet. So hopefully in a couple of weeks he will be better off. The Ywam base is needing certified teachers then they can have a private school for the kids here, I heard there were a couple of Brazilian girls but they would have to spend some time learning English first. We are also hoping to build some local neighborhood relationships through the school thing.

Prayer requests...
Kids to have fun in school
Bill to stay calm in Kitchen and remember what he has learned as he has been on his cooking journey
Misty to be able to keep building relationships

No comments: