Friday, October 13, 2006

The Moss Family Adventure

The Moss Family Adventure
Hey!!!

It's been a few days. We have been pretty busy during the daytime with the kids, Bill's kitchen duties, and mom's various excursions. Special things came out of the kitchen last night we were grilling some smoked porkchops and those came out nicely and we also were supposed to have some mashed potatoes along with but a water delivery delay kept us from cooking boiling the potatoes early enough so I ended up tossing the cooked potatoes in some cilantro, margerine and spices. It turned out really well and we will call them Ensenada cilantro potatoes. The potatoes were cooked but not totally soft for mashing. This morning I made some chicken noodle soup for lunch and this afternoon we continued the cleaning project we are getting going in the kitchen. I have to reorganize a cleaning schedule when the change comes and figure out a good way to spread the labor around so we get the work all done without working 12 hour days. Maybe after the conference we are hosting.

The real high point is meeting and getting to know all the people here on the base, first there are the people I work with Melissa, Sammy, and Candace. Then we have the Long term base staff (too many to mention) and Discipleship Training School students; some of the students work in the kitchen. This morning I talked to a guy from England named Ben we had a good talk about music and worship music, and this afternoon I was talking to a guy from Scottsdale, Arizona. It turns out that his dad is a English professor at the Bible school I spent a couple of semesters at in 1980 and 1981. I guess dad will be visiting during thanksgiving and I guess I can give him the money for the toilet I blew up with a bottle rocket when I was a student there. We also meet the people that are coming here every week to build houses.

Next monday the kids will start pre school. We have to do this so Misty can have more time to work with me and help me out with administrative issues that come up and maybe go shopping for items together, and they will also be in during the Discipleship Training School. The side benefit is that the kids will be learning Spanish while in school. Then later when Joey is fluent we will take him out of the pre school and get him into regular school. Then in a year or two we will have our translator. This could be a big help when SCF sends teams to Ensenada. As I type this Joey is having a cheese stick and he handed me the wrapper. I put the wrapper in my pocket and Joey told his mother that: "He's the one putting stuff in the pocket" I guess that was an issue yesterday when Misty and the kids went to do laundry. Misty is a huge part of this keeping me going and doing stuff for me like making the menu I wrote look pretty for distribution. Plus she has been building a lot of relationships with various ladies here on the base.

Please continue to pray for us as we adjust to life on the base and in Ensenada. Especially the folkways we seem to discover daily.
I now have to go and attend to the rest of the duties of my evening.

Bill

No comments: