Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The Moss Family Adventure

The Moss Family Adventure
Tuesday

Hey everybody, I didn't post too much last week it was a hard week to get through. We have been pretty sad about Richie Shannon and his going home to be with the Lord. We have told a few others but it is hard to help them understand the whole situation so they can't really be on the same page with you when you tell them what's going on. I have noticed this sometimes throughout my life about myself and others (not you the reader of course) we are all in our own little world and don't really care too much about other people or places very often. Hopefully I don't sound too much like a Grinch here.

OK so during the weekend we went into San Diego and visited my cousin, went to church, and went to the store. Misty needed a Jacket, I bought a few dry food items that I wanted to use but could not find in Ensenada. I got some spices that do not involve hot chile peppers, some Arborio rice to make Risotto with and also a big bag of Basmati Rice for the Saffron Rice we will eat on Friday. Saffron is cheap in Mexico, it is grown here somewhere and you can get a decent sized bag for around 4 dollars or so at Smart and Final. It is not the Saffron from India but it is still good. The spices will be used when I make some sausage here. I can buy pork with no problem at Costco but the main sausage that is found here is Chorizo and it is hot, spicy and very greasy. I am going to make some Italian ground sausage, and some breakfast sausage patties.

The past week was a lot of work, of course we had Thanksgiving and that turned out really well; we also had two teams to feed that were building houses over the weekend right after Thanksgiving. One team was one of the Deluxe build that was a real estate developer and his family and others. They stay at a hotel instead of the base and a couple other items were also in their lunches. So there I was on Thursday morning at Costco with Misty finding the snacks and other lunch items I needed to put in their lunch coolers. We have another group like that coming right after Christmas so I am ready now, it should go smoother. During the week we also were hosting a church from Seattle, Washington. It was a lot of people and I ended up having a great time with them. We had so many people helping out with the meals and cleaning and plus we had a brother and sister working in the kitchen during the early mornings. Their names were Forest and Andrea and they totally helped out in an amazing way.

I want to say also something about thanksgiving day, the best part was when it was time for the people to start going through the line to get food and eat and Joey grabbed a battery powered bullhorn that was laying around and started talking into it and giving everyone a big Thanksgiving day shout out.

No comments: