Thursday, November 09, 2006

The Moss Family Adventure

The Moss Family Adventure
So, as we continue on our adventure we have a couple of harder working days ahead. Misty is doing a project of organizing all the loose jumbled keys that were in a key box. The more she takes care the more that come out of the woodwork to be organized. Misty also took on helping people with visa issues get their passports photocopied. Today she is going to be helping me in the kitchen and with the shopping for the teams that are arriving tomorrow night. I bought some frozen shrimp and will be thawing it today and it is for tonights meal; I met the first person I really need to avoid when I bought the shrimp. Last spring long before I got here YWAM SDBAJA ended up hiring a local woman to cook when the kitchen manager went to the US, it was a nightmare and caused a lot of problems and is not really welcome here. I didn't know that until she walked in last week wanting to sell us shrimp and then returning a couple of days ago and wanting to help out in the kitchen with lunch. I thought sure I am shopping we need a hand so great come on in. I got back and heard the whole long bad story.

I talked on the phone with Brett Curtis yesterday I need to determine how much money I really need when I get the supplies for the meals and also the dry paper stuff we are husing to eat from. Then we are really getting rolling with getting some new equipment to put in the kitchen and I need to make a list of ovens etc and then the priority of what I need the most. I think the biggest thing right now is a double stacked convection oven, a dishwashing unit so we can use real plates and flatware etc and some stainless steel shelves to stack cans and other dry food items on.

Joey and Emily are doing well, Emilys hair is growing out, Misty can put little hair clips in it and she is talking more and more and is really cute when she is playing in the courtyard with all the kids at the YWAM base, she is also a little charmer as she gets to know everybody's name and says Hi. Joey is learrning more and more spanish words, he isn't fluent yet but we will probably get really going soon. The other day he said " daddy what does 'Cochino' mean?" I told him that 'Cochino' means Pig. Then Joey said that's what the kids at school say when he burps. I thought "GREAT" to myself and I guess whatever it takes.

No comments: