Sunday, February 04, 2007

Superbowl Sunday

Hey!
I wrote my brother an email earlier today and I was telling him how I was wanting to go to the actual Superbowl today except I don't have the tickets to the game or the time off or the money, or transportation either.

So anyhow it is Sunday morning, Misty is changing a diaper, Joey is watching the Wonder Pets on TV and I am posting. We had a really good week in DTS our speaker was a guy named Kenny Peavey and he lead worship and spent time talking about Worshipping God and connecting with Him through worship and as that happens we participate with Him in what He is doing in the world and with other people. So for me (Bill) God was putting on my heart what goes on in the kitchen and all the people I interact with while I am at work cooking there; other staff and students, people from the Rehab center that come in to work in the kitchen sometimes and even the bums who live on the beach nearby coming to the side door asking for food. It was an awesome week actually.

I have a new staff person in the kitchen for a while, her name is Marla from Portland, Oregon and she is a mission builder here for about 5 or 6 months. Marla has been a tremendous help, she handles the kitchen when I have to be gone shopping or when I am in class in the mornings. Between her, Candace, and the other students in the afternoons I have had the time to take care of my work without being in a super rush so that is more good news.

Yesterday, we did some local outreach with the DTS, we all went to an Ophanage called Gabriels House. Gabriels house is for kids that have special needs. There were a few children there with Downs syndrome and some sisters with Muscular Dystropy and just about all the kids were in wheelchairs. So we all split into two groups half of us were cleaning while the other half played with kids. They had a swing set there with special seats for the kids. We pushed them in their chairs and spent time with them. After we came home, it was dinner time and I had to do some shopping for a Missions Adventures conference that is coming up next week.

So we are excited about last week and look forward to another week to come. Another DTS speaker, the conference and also a day off from school for the kids on Monday; Constitution Day!

No comments: