Thursday, February 01, 2007

Our Good Friend Caesar!


Hi gang, this is Caesar and Emily learning Spanish! Caesar is a mission builder, he helps wherever he is needed, and we need him a lot. He's a great guy and we have adopted him as our own.

Misty had an amazing encounter last Friday night, she and the other DTS students went down to the Red Light district called the Bajio's. Here is her story: When we first got there, it seemed like it was just another day downtown with not to many people. Then we put on the music and grabbed some cups of hot chocolate and bread and began to walk the block passing out a cup to whomever I saw. I didn't get far. The men and a few women came to us. I met Omar, who told me his story, he began to share with me how he killed his father and was sentenced to prison for 45 years and spent 22 in prison, and was released and then deported to Mexico. His eyes were filled with tears as he kept sharing with me about his past, he spoke of his mother and how she spent many of nights on this same street were are at making money to buy tacos for him and his brothers. He told me how he felt so guilty that he couldn't take care of his family, and how he couldn't eat the tacos his mom brought home because he knew what she did to get the money. We just listened, and listened. He ended with the amazing pain he was in right now his wisdom teeth are coming in and he has tried to go to the doctor but they can't help him. I asked if I could pray for him and he welcomed it. I felt so bad that I couldn't pull out his teeth for him, I was saddened by the lack of health care for him, I just don't know what God has in store for Omar, but I have to believe in faith that God loves Omar and wants to see him in his Kingdom so I prayed! I shared his story with everyone I could. I wanted a miracle to happen, I wanted Omar to be healed from his pain. I think God wanted him to share his story so I could share the story of how much God loved him! I was so honored and felt a bit anxious that God would choose me to pour his love onto Omar.

I went back to the van to get more hot coco. I was stopped by another man, he was smelly! Really, Really Smelly!! and not the good smell, mostly urine and vomit. He through another guy asked me what I thought about the people I've been seeing? All I could do was look at him as I began to request an answer from God, tell me what to say God, I began to pray. I said "You remind me of my brother*, you know like a friend." (*Not my biological brother MIKE:) just for the readers, I don't want Mike to think he stinks:) ) He said, through a translator, "I want the Joy you have in your eyes" I was blown away! I have Joy in my eyes, I was so humbled, all I could think was how badly he smelled, and he saw past that and wanted Jesus! WOW, I asked if I could pray for him and he accepted! I gathered a few others and we prayed, This man was weeping! he fell on to his knees and was crying out for the living GOD! HOW AWESOME!! I was amazed that God would bring these two gentlemen to me and that I could play a role in their salvation! PRAISE GOD!! Speaking of praising, my last encounter before we had to go was Sal, this guy was drunk, seriously drunk! he was trying to offer me a drink of what he had in his bag, "no thanks" I say and through a translator he tells me, I remind him of his sister that lives in San Diego, how nice I say does she know that you are drinking? no he says, she'd kill me, I tell him that it kills me too, to see him like this. He began to tear up, and said he loves his sister, over and over again. He then began to sing a song to me and with that I was scooped up and put in the van by our leaders. We had to go. I think about theses encounters a lot, and now that I got to share them with all of you I hope that you can think of them as well.

Here is some more amazing news, We as a DTS and a family have a great opportunity to build a home and will do so Feb. 24-25. The Rocha Rojo is our family, this is a single mom with two kids. Her name is Grisel, she is 22 and works in a factory. Her two girls are Ximena 2 and Itzel 5, they heard about the homes of hope through another family who received a home. We hope to meet this family this Sunday. Please be in prayer for this sweet family, and how we can share Christ's love for her, and her girls. We are excited and can't wait to give you more information as soon as we get it.

No comments: