Monday, December 25, 2006

A Childs Christmas in Mexico..... with apologies to Dylan Thomas

 

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all who are reading this BLOG.

We had a visit from Misty's Mom, Momma Mary was here for a couple of days and then they went to California and visited Knott's Berry Farm. I, your humble author stayed behind and got into my Christmas project. While they had a nice time together at the park and in Los Angeles I was changing up the kitchen. The kitchen had a bunch of LARGE lunch coolers stacked in a corner and I got them moved into a dark closet that had a bunch of shelving I didn't really like. The closet was 5 feet high and not lighted and it was hard to find or store things inside there. Where the coolers were are now some new steel shelves that we bought at the local Costco; now we have plenty of space for the things we get and they are accessable. I also took down a couple of hanging spice rack/ utensil holders, replaced a fan we keep in the window and sorted through all the neat stuff that was hidden inside the small dark storage closet. I found a new blender, 2 crock pots, a Cuisinart Food Processor, 2 small bug traps and enough mustard and mayo packets to last till the final installment of the Chronicles of Narnia film series.

While I was waiting for the family to return home I also went Christmas shopping for a present for Misty, and I went grocery shopping for the Christmas dinner we had today. When everybody arrived at lunchtime we had a hotdog and cheese pizza for the kids at the store I mention all the time and then went inside that madhouse to get some ice cream for the Christmas dinner. It was a beautiful shopping experience, Full on wall to wall people and also right before we went in Emily crapped her pants and we didn't have the diaper bag with us so we went through and I took the kids to the car while Misty paid. I loaded the kids in the car and helped a lady in the car next to me put a case of soda away for her it was too heavy and she may have been pregnant. I went down the road to Pedro Loyola Blvd and got some tacos at a taco stand for dinner, and eventually the kids went to bed and we put the presents out undr the tree. I slept some but woke up early and Joey was up at 4 and he saw all the presents and got really excited about how Santa Claus had come to our house then he ran into the bedroom and woke up Misty and Emily and we were all up at 4 opening our presents and by 5 the Superman returns DVD was playing and Misty was back in bed and I was snoozing in the chair while Joey and Emily played with the baby stroller and Spiderman and Coast Guard Rescue Helicopter. I LOVE CHRISTMAS

Since everybody is gone we didn't have a Christmas service and we as a family didn't really know where to go to a Christmas eve service we just spent time to together but it was actually really nice not having to race all over town to make stops everywhere to visit for too short a time and run off to the next place before finally making it to Christmas dinner at usually Misty's parents house. I cooked some Carne Asada and beans and rice for Christmas dinner for those of us around the base. I didn't event hear Christmas Carolers, here in Ensenada they do something really cool though for Christmas eve and it is still going on as I type. People set off really powerful fireworks, I feel like I am in a warzone. Thats ok though cause I am going to buy some fireworks myself and I am going to organize a bonfire at the beach as we burn at least 3 Christmas trees in a couple of days or on New Years eve and blow off some explosives, it should be fun. I hope I dont get arrested. I will keep all those who are interested informed..... Posted by Picasa

No comments: