Saturday, November 29, 2008

Seeing Old Friends, making relationships

Hey everybody, I was looking at yesterdays post and I forgot to mention something that is actually very important. We had a great time with the church that came down last week before thanksgiving. They were always offering to help out, most of the time I was alright; Thursday afternoon though they were a big help. Friday morning, same story, I came in and could tell that my two assistants were not going to be with me so I asked the couple that was there hanging out in the dining room to pitch in and and they and others helped me get out a meal for 235 hungry people from 2 churches, the base staffers and our Discipleship Training School Students. I have learned that the Lord always sends the right people to me when I am needing to get a meal out and I need to just do the essential things, STAY CALM and FRIENDLY and somehow when its time the bell gets rung and we have our meal.

Also part of what goes on in the kitchen is "Ministry". Thursday afternoon one of the helpers was a 20 something young woman who really loves the Lord and while they were working away Misty and her had the best conversation about what its like to be that age and wishing you were married, and trusting God to lead you to the right husband, and wondering why you are still single. Misty was encourageing her and sharing her wisdom and experience with our friend. I am so proud of Misty, I am so excited when things like that happen in the kitchen.

No comments: