Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Sorry it's been a while...

Hey everybody!!

Today is Wednesday and we are in the midst of the last week of spring programs. We only have one group here, they are from Virginia and it is a smaller group of people. This has gone on for 6 weeks, at the beginning it was crazy, I was really overwhelmed at first with all the work going on but I got through it and I learned some things as well. I am getting more and more items delivered here, and we now have a new storage pantry to keep food safe and in sufficient quantities.

Today a couple of our leaders are going to BBQ for us for dinner, I look forward to that. The kids are doing great, and I am getting tired of saying this but their spanish is going great, I think its better than mine at this point. This is really good, Joey and Emily are able to play with the other kids now and we even have a frequent visitor named John Alexander who lives upstairs, he is 6; I think he likes the toys the most. They run around outside with the plastic guns and then come in for the V- Smile.

We are supposed to go to Tepic next Monday for 2 weeks, I hope so, its for Misty's DTS outreach since we didn't go to Peru with the other students. After that I have a conference at the end of May and then we are into summer programs. I think that will go better for me now that I have experienced it and I feel ready.

No comments: